Learning the best ways to clean your devices and gadgets has become so much more important right now, with COVID-19 spreading at an alarming rate all over the globe.
Maintaining clean devices will help you stay safe and healthy, as well as keep your skin clean. But the problem is that these devices often get neglected during your daily house cleaning routines. This is especially true for smartphones, which we are constantly in contact with. Sometimes your phone might seem like a third hand of yours, and that’s exactly why you need to make sure it gets properly sanitized every single day.
It’s crucial to note that while sanitizing your devices, gadgets, and things you regularly come in contact with is necessary, the ultimate way to limit and prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus is proper and frequent hand-washing.
According to the CDC, we all need to wash our hands using soap and water before eating, after coughing, sneezing, nose-blowing, and using the toilet, and also before and after being around a contaminated person. It’s also recommended to wear cloth face masks when outside.
With this in mind, let’s now discover how to keep your smartphone and other devices clean using ultraviolet (UV) light sanitizers, which can help you stay safe and clean.
1. First, let’s get to know what UV light sanitizers are
While we can take daily showers to wash dirt and microbes off our skin, our tech devices just cannot do that! Plus, the glass and plastic that our devices are made of are much more appealing to microbes than human skin since they can survive on such surfaces long enough to spread and thrive. This means that microbes are fond of your smartphone, tablet, earbuds, and every other tech gadget you use daily.
If you’re still using a microfiber cloth to manually clean your smartphone and other devices, then you certainly should give UV light sanitizers a try. These products are equipped with ultraviolet light to perfectly sanitize products, including themselves. UV light sanitizers can effectively remove all kinds of germs from your devices, gadgets, and other items to keep you healthy and protected.
2. How do these sanitizers work?
UV light is known for its ability to kill bacteria and germs, and that’s why people all over the world have always been hanging their laundry and sheets outside to get some sun.
Experts explain that this effective light destroys the nucleic acids of bacteria and other microbes, as well as disrupt proteins in the microbes by eradicating some amino acids. UV light sanitizers work best on smooth surfaces, but they have limitations, like they can’t get into things like phone cases or buttons, which are lined with crevices.
You’d also want to keep in mind that even though these sanitizers can eradicate microbes quickly, the sanitized device will come out as safe as the last thing it encountered, meaning that using a UV light sanitizer isn’t reason enough to get dirty and ignore potential germs that can get to your device and end up in your system.
3. Check out the best UV light sanitizers to buy
UV light sanitizers can be a perfect solution, especially if you are a big family.
They can quickly clean your tech after a long day or after your children or grandchildren are done playing with it.
Such sanitizers can also come in handy after cooking, gardening, cleaning, playing around with your pet, or getting back home from outside.
What’s more, besides ultraviolet sanitizers that clean your devices, there are also products that use ultraviolet lights in self-cleaning to get rid of the bacteria, germs, and viruses that might be stuck inside.
If you’re interested in getting a UV light sanitizer or a product that uses UV lights, take the following options into consideration:
▪ HoMedics UV-Clean Phone Sanitizer, which can fit your phone and things that are smaller than your phone.
▪ LARQ Bottle, which can get rid of almost 100% of bacteria and viruses in the water, plus, it also has the ability to self-clean every 2 hours.
▪ BrightINWD UV Light Mini Sanitizer Travel Wand, which allows you to sanitize places like counters, brushes, or bedding. Plus, it’s designed to protect your sight from UV damage.
▪ Wireless Charging Station with UV Sanitizer, which charges your device while disinfecting it.
▪ Portable UV Cell Phone Sanitizer, which works a charger and also as a great aromatherapy diffuser. It’s perfect for people who are into aromatherapy.
▪ HoMedics UV-Clean Portable Sanitizer, which can help you clean not only your phone but also your glasses, wallet, keys, smartwatch, and many more.
▪ Casetify UV Sanitizer, which can get rid of germs in about 3 minutes, plus, it comes with a user-friendly design.
▪ PhoneSoap Pro, which can eradicate 99.99% of bacteria and germs on the surface of your devices in just 5 minutes.
▪ PhoneSoap Go, which quickly and efficiently sanitizes your phone without relying on the device’s battery.
▪ PhoneSoap 3 UV Smartphone Sanitizer & Universal Charger, which can charge whatever device you drop into it.
▪ HomeSoap UV Sanitizer, which can fit your larger devices, such as tablets, consoles, and remote controls.
Note: please keep in mind that some of these products might be out of stock so check their availability first before getting your hopes up. Also, some of them are available for preorder only.
What about screen wipes?
Wipes can be pretty helpful if you’re staying home and want to keep your screens clean.
While not all of them possess any micro-bacterial properties, they can make your screens look as good as new.
▪ iRoller Screen Cleaner, which is a compact product that you can use repeatedly to keep your devices clean.
▪ Endust for Electronics and Surface Cleaning Wipes, which are alcohol-free so you shouldn’t rely on them to get rid of scary viruses.
▪ MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloths, which can clean your screens gently and efficiently. Plus, they’re super versatile.